Sunday, December 03, 2006

Mikey Is Home!!

He is trying really hard to get over being scared …I don’t know what his past life held for him before Keely and now furever home but it must have been horrible…

The poor boy …but he is already doing terrific and with slow improvements I can see already!! He and our first rescue boy Berklee get along really well, and Humphrey is learning to trust more and go out of his cage for longer time periods slowly…
Keely, thanks for the advice on the cage as he did not poop in there again after I shortened the length of the cage upstairs,,,,

also put him in the bigger cage downstairs with Berklee which also helped relieve some anxiety..he went up on the couch with our 16 year old Sam and sat on his lap,,,,,I could not get him to do that ….
I was jealous about that !

But I am hoping by Thanksgiving I may get him up on the furniture with me too!! We will see…Most important is that he learn to TRUST and that will just be on his terms…how long that takes…any suggestions will be happily taken!!

Thanks again!!! Setter Hugs, Susan Sommers and Family..Husband Andrew son Sam and Daughter Daryl Hannah

No comments: